For some strange unexplained crazy reason I cannot make tradition mashed potatoes. God knows my dad has tried to teach me. I swear my mixer starts chuckling when I get it out and sit it on the counter. It even mocks me while I'm boiling the potatoes. I was about to give up until I came across this recipe. Smashed potatoes and I get along splendidly and my family loves them! Usually when cooking just for the four us I cut this recipe in half.
Ingredients
5 lbs unpeeled red potatoes, quartered
12 oz butter, room temperature
5 oz Romano cheese, grated
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dried oregano
Directions
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 45 minutes; drain. Stir in butter, cheese, garlic, salt and oregano. Mash with a potato masher and serve.


YUM!!
ReplyDeleteRed potatoes make the BEST (s)mashed potatoes!! I've also found that adding sour cream (or cream cheese) lends to extra creaminess too!!
Sour cream is the bestest! I have never tried cream cheese, I'll have to add some next time.
ReplyDelete