Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Easy Slow Cooker French Dip

It really doesn't happen often, like it's been over a year, that I have to work outside of the house. This is a recipe a friend of mine posted on my favorite message board. *omg!* This is delicious, quick and easy. I love my crock pot. The original recipe called for a rump roast but using a sirloin tip roast was suggested and that's what I bought.
Ingredients
4 lbs sirloin tip roast
1 (10.5 oz) can beef broth
1 (10.5 oz) can condensed French onion soup
1 (12 oz) can or bottle beer
6 French rolls
2 tablespoons butter
Directions
Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer. Cook on Low setting for 7 hours. Preheat oven to 350 ⁰F. Split French rolls, and spread with butter. Bake 10 minutes, or until heated through. Slice the meat on the diagonal, and place on the rolls. Serve the sauce for dipping.

3 comments:

The Lumberjack's Wife said...

Oh, yummy! We have a lot of beef, so I am always looking for beef recipes.

Paula said...

Did you serve anything with it? If not, it was enough for the family? I'm SO making this!

Muchelle said...

Paula... we did have french fries on the side and had enough meat for at least six sandwiches. I'll be making this again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...