Thursday, January 7, 2010

Green Smoothie Challenge

While blog hopping yesterday I came across the Green Smoothie Challenge on Suddenly Routine. The ingredients of romaine lettuce and bananas caught my attention. I couldn't decide if I was intrigued or grossed out. I checked out the site and decided to sign up. It's quite simple and I love that. The idea is to drink 4 glasses (which comes to 1 liter) a day of this smoothie for 14 days.
Banana Smoothie
Ingredients
1/2 Romaine lettuce (7oz)
3 bananas
2 cups water
Directions
Blend the bananas with water for 30 seconds. Add the Romaine lettuce and blend until smooth. You can add a few mint leaves for an unusual twist. Yields 1 liter.
Surprisingly tasty! I over blended it to guarantee there would be no lettuce pieces. It has a think consistence and a banana aroma. I had my first serving for breakfast and my second with lunch. I plan to have my third this afternoon and the forth with dinner. I'm sure my family will be grossed out. I'm excited to see my results after 14 days. Who else is brave enough to jump in?

4 comments:

The Lumberjack's Wife said...

Well . . .what happens after 14 days? Lose weight? :)

Paula said...

I was going to ask the same... what exactly is the challenge? I can drink green goop if it would help me drop a few pounds :)

Married/Single Parent said...

It is kind of a cleansing smoothie. They suggested you skip one meal and replace it with a smoothie. If you do it that way plus the fact you are filling up on the smoothies, you won’t be snacking on bad foods, I’m sure there would be some weight loss. What caught my attention is that it should help rid your cravings for processed foods. I’m not suppose to eat gluten and when I stay away from it I’m fine. Over the holidays I ate badly and now crave it. These smoothies should also help with depression, muscle aches and over all you should feel better.

Kris said...

Your smoothie was much more smooth than mine. I still get little bits of lettuce. The one I had this morning was very tasty. I'm trying to work my way up to more than one a day. My daughter really likes them so far. But she's two, so I'm sure she'll change her mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...