Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Love you, man

I think I may be over due for a real blog post, something a bit more fulfilling than a quick recipe. It's been hectic chaotic here (I use hectic way too much). Our contractor was here today (quick story… our contractor's name is Gary but Abby decided to rename him Phil. Why? Because she says, "Phil is just a name of a guy you can trust with your handywork." It didn't make sense to me either, I worry about her.) and finished off our staircase. To say I was excited would be an understatement. I love that man! He tried to save us money by explaining to us how to do it ourselves. He explained it to us three different times. He then laughed at us for chickening out and paying him to do it. I told him he didn't have to charge us if he wanted us to save money that bad. He laughed again and took my check. Still love him. I just didn't want us messing around with a load bearing wall and what took him two hours to do would of taking us all Saturday.




It's so ugly and beautiful at the same time. I can't wait till we can start hanging the drywall. Now we are just waiting for my dad to finish up on the wiring. So far he has installed three ceiling lights and seven outlets! *omg* I love that man too! Although Gary (aka Phil) did clean up after himself. My dad could take a tip there for he's not the neatest handyman but then his name isn't Phil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love a Phil?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...