Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pizza Dough, Take #2

Christopher works late on Wednesdays so I've decided not to cook but let the kiddos fend for themselves. They are both at that age where it's time they learned to cook a few simple quick meals. One day I may actually have a life and not be in the kitchen waiting to take orders. *lol* Yeah, right! Haillie is allowed to use the stove while Abby is still microwaving it. At first there were a few complaints but I think they are enjoying being self efficient. I'm thinking this will also upgrade my next Mother's Day breakfast in bed. Goodbye pb&j sandwiches and glass of chocolate milk. Hello eggs benedict and cappuccino!
Now just because I'm not cooking doesn't mean I don't have a recipe to share. I tried a new pizza crust recipe last Friday and it was a success. My family loved it more than the one I've been using for years.
Ingredients
1-1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup lukewarm water
1/4 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1-1/2 tsp garlic powder
1-1/2 tsp onion powder
3 cups all-purpose flour or bread flour
Directions
Throw ingredients into your bread machine in the order suggested by manufacturer and set function to dough setting. Roll dough out to desired size and thickness. Then before adding your sauce brush entire crust with olive oil. Assemble pizza and bake at 425 ⁰F for 16 to 18 minutes, or until crust is light brown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you share a good pizza sauce recipe or what pizza sauce you use? I am having trouble finding one I like.

Muchelle said...

It saddens & embarrasses my Italian father for me to say this but I buy my sauce. My family loves “DelGrosso Deluxe Pizza Sauce”. It’s all natural and no preservatives. My dad has eaten my pizza and loved it until my precious angles told him it was from a jar. They think it’s funny to get me into hot water with my dad.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...