Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cake Balls

*warning* If you are dieting or watching what you eat DON'T make these. *omg* It's killing me to have them on the counter. You can mix and match a variety of different cake and frosting flavors. I use a boxed chocolate cake and made my own peanut butter frosting. And since I'm still new with coating items I threw mine into the freeze prior to dipping them. Outstanding!
Recipe from ???
Download Recipe
Ingredients
1 (18.25 oz) package chocolate cake mix
1 (16 oz) container prepared chocolate frosting
1 (3 oz) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating
Directions
Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, let cool and crumble into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended. Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Those look DELICIOUS! They look like something from a bakery! I definitely would love to try to make them... however, I do NOT need anything like that in my house! What kind of melting chocolate did you use?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...