Thursday, September 30, 2010

Beef Stew

A big bowl of beef stew on a dreary rainy day was good. Having everyone around the table eating without a complaint was perfect. *sigh* Of course being that I have a smart ass family the topic of goulash came up and how I'm am forbidden from ever making it again. Goobers! But they are my goobers and I love them. I actually made this the day before in my insane cooking spree. Tossed it in a pot, added a little water and reheated it on the stove. Easy.
Recipe found in my drawer.
Ingredients
2 lbs cubed beef stew meat
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp all purpose flour
3 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
3 cups water
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
4 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large onion, chopped
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons cold water
Directions
In a large pot or dutch oven, cook beef in oil over medium heat until brown. Dissolve bouillon in water and pour into pot. Stir in rosemary, parsley and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
Stir potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion into the pot. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 teaspoons cold water and stir into stew. Cover and simmer 1 hour more.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...