Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Garlic Oven Fries

*omg* My thighs! Abby joined me for my morning yoga video today. She was hilariously unflexible but amazingly determined. After she left for school I had to take Mocha to the groomers and back home for the kettlebell. Otherwise known as a mid-evil torture device. I am using muscles that the treadmill doesn't even touch. It hurts to walk!
I prepped these ahead of time and put them in a ziploc bag in fridge. I wanted them to soak up the garlic. I doubled the olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic plus one teaspoon onion powder. The one thing I will do different next time is to drain the olive oil off prior to pouring the potato mixture onto the baking sheet. Some on my taters were mushy. They tasted delish!
Recipe found in Gooseberry Patch Taste of Autumn.
Ingredients
4 baking potatoes
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1-1/2 tbsp minced garlic
Directions
Scrub and rinse potatoes will; cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide slices. Place in a medium bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic. Arrange potato slices on an ungreased baking sheet in a single layer. Bake at 400 ⁰F until potatoes are golden on the bottom, about 30 minutes. Turn over and continue baking until golden all over, another 15 minutes. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...