Friday, September 3, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

  1. What is a weird/funny superstition that you have? (from A{muse}ing Mommy on a Pink Park Bench) I don't think I'm superstitious. At least nothing is coming to mind.
  2. What are your hopes and dreams for the years AFTER the military? After all, we aren't in it forever!(from Stetsons, Spurs and Stilettos) Funny you should ask because I thought we were getting out once that 20 year letter arrived but yet over there it sits getting dusty. Once the Army kicks my husband out we plan to do more traveling.
  3. Since [this] month is National Apple Month (no really!), I'd probably ask: What is your yummiest apple recipe? (from NH Girl Displaced) I love baking with apples! I won a baking contest with an Apple Merigue Pie but tend to bake more Apple Dumplings and Deep Dish Apple Pies. I have a recipe for Apple Pie Bars that I can't wait to try.
  4. How long have you gone as a military spouse without talking to your husband/wife during service?(from A Navy Princess and Her Little Sailors) We've been through three deployments and have been very lucky. The longest time we've gone without talking or emailing was three weeks. It was a long three weeks but I'm thankful it wasn't longer.
  5. I occasionally watch When I was 17… on MTV. So, what was something that was significant about your 17th year of life? (from Ashley Amazing) I graduated from high school! My father bought me my first convertible. I think every other weekend I was about the beach. I had no responsibilities, what an awesome summer! The only downside was I still had a curfew until I turned 18 in November.

2 comments:

hmb said...

Oo la la! A convertible!! I was cruisin' around in my Mazda :( (And it wasn't a Miata...)

Unknown said...

Apple dumpling sounds delicious...can you share the recipe?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...