Monday, October 18, 2010

Meatloaf

TADA! How do you like my new graphic? I was looking for a way to label recipes that were a hit with my family. It's so rare that I make a dinner that pleases everyone. I get so excited when it happens. Tonight was a child friendly meal. Christopher once again was not home and I had no leftovers. Grilled cheese meatloaf sandwiches to the rescue. After trying a new meatloaf recipe that was not a hit, I was warned not to mess with the classics. I made my basic plain Jane meatloaf, sliced it up and used it within a grilled cheese. I made it in the morning and shampooed the carpets while it baked. Dinner was quick, easy and mess free.
Recipe found in my recipe drawer.
Ingredients
1 lb lean ground beef
1 lb ground pork
1 cup apple juice
1/2 tsp dried sage leaves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
2 eggs
3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
1/2 cup ketchup, chili sauce or barbecue sauce
Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix all ingredients except ketchup. Spread mixture in ungreased loaf pan or shape into 9x5-inch loaf in ungreased rectangular pan. Spread ketchup over top. Insert meat thermometer so tip is in center of loaf. Bake uncovered 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until thermometer reads 160 °F.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...