Monday, November 1, 2010

Sausage Rice Bake

What better way to start off the week than a trip to the dentist. Yeah Monday! I love my dental hygienist. She has cleaned my teeth through two deployments. I was in her chair when the breeder called telling me the price for one Yorkie. We placed bets on whether or not Christopher would let me spend that much on a dog. We exchanged stories about out teenages girls. She would remember tiny details about me from one appointment to the next. So today when I was called back for my turn I was saddened to find out she no longer works there. It's funny how attached we get to people. I was so bummed my entire time in the chair. The new girl was nice but young. Still living at home with her parents, not much in common. My day picked up with some shopping. Then some early afternoon movie time with Christopher. If you are looking for a good rental "Shattered" with Gerard Butler, Maria Bello and Pierce Brosnan was good.
The movie was so good I was late in starting dinner. This is some yummy comfort food on a cold fall evening. I am pretty sure everyone liked the flavor but they didn't care for the egg like consistency. I am thinking next time I will omit the eggs, add some sour cream and mix everything together before baking.
Recipe from Home is Where the Heart Is
Ingredients
1 lb sausage
3 cups hot cooked rice
2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
10-1/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
2 tsp spicy brown mustard
1/4 tsp onion powder
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 ⁰F. Cook sausage until well done. Crumble and drain; set aside. Combine rice and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Spread evenly into a greased 13"x9" baking dish. Sprinkle sausage over rice. Combine remaining ingredients except 1/2 cup of cheese. Pour mixture over sausage and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until set.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...