Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Italian Beef Hoagies

Cold weather + slow cooker = warm and cozy home.
Sometimes I wonder where my brain is. I had a doctors appointment scheduled for late in the day. Apparently it slipped my mind that I have children who come home after school. What was I thinking? I hate not being there when they get home. I decided to make a slow cooker meal for dinner so I didn't have to rush around once I returned home. Then schedule change, Christopher wouldn't be home for dinner. *grrr* I hate that. The girls and I ate dinner and there is so much left over. Thank goodness this was so yummy, I don't think anyone will mind having it tomorrow night.
Recipe from Gooseberry Patch Slow Cookers, Casseroles & Skillets.
Ingredients
3 to 4 lb beef chuck roast
2 .6 oz pkgs zesty Italian salad dressing mix
2 C water
24 oz jar pepperoncinis, drained and liquid reserved
15-18 hoagie rolls, toasted and split
Garnish: shredded provolone cheese
Directions
Slice roast across the grain into 4 pieces and trim any fat. Place in bottom of a slow cooker. Mix together dressing mix and water; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, until tender; use forks to shred beef in slow cooker. Slice pepperoncinis into rings and add to slow cooker along with reserved liquid from jar. Cover and cook for a few more minutes, until heated through. Serve beef on toasted rolls, topped with cheese. Serves 15 to 18.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your's looks a lot prettier than mine LOL.

Paula said...

Aren't these yummy? I can't wait until enough time has passed so I can make them again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...