Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fresh Cherry Crisp

Excuse my duh! moment. A few days ago when I posted the banana nut muffin recipe I had plans to post something even yummier. Ta Da! I have so many frozen sour cherries in the freezer I knew it was time to start using them up. Christopher and I have been eating vanilla ice cream topped with warm cherry crisp every night. Delish! He can't stop raving about it's deliciousness. I love when he loves something I make for him. Baking bliss.
Recipe so old I have no clue where it's from.
Download Recipe
Ingredients
4 cups pitted sour cherries
1 cup white sugar
4 tbsp all-purpose flour
Topping
1-1/2cups all-purpose flour
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 ⁰F.
In a large bowl, combine cherries, white sugar, and all-purpose flour. Pour into 9x13” baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, oats, and brown sugar. Cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Sprinkle over cherries.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until topping is golden brown.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Cherry crisp is a go-to dessert in our family. Yours looks every bit as delicious. I have a linky party on my blog every week called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link this up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...