Saturday, February 12, 2011

Honey Chicken Stir Fry

It’s an NG kind of weekend. I swear I’m married but sometimes I feel like I’m lacking proof. Just me and the kiddos this weekend. Originally I was going to take the girls shopping but they both slept in too late. I did get all the laundry done and all our backyard sidewalks de-iced. Christopher didn’t make it home in time for dinner but did make it home before Abby. She was at a Valentine Dance. Sigh. My baby. He offered to go in uniform to pick her up so the boys know who her father was. As much as I loved that idea, for she was looking a tad too grown-up, I spared her that embarrassment. She owes me.
Dinner was scrumptious! I love stir fry, even more with honey and soy sauce over my chicken. Oh my! I already staked my claim on the leftovers.
021211f
Recipe from All Recipes
Download Recipe
Ingredients
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tsp olive oil, divided
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 (16 oz) package frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp cold water
Hot cooked rice
Directions
In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and garlic in 2 teaspoons oil. Add the honey, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
In the same pan, stir-fry the vegetables in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Return chicken to the pan; mix well. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over rice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...