Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Slow Cooker Beef Roast

This is one of those days when I wonder why I even bother. Christopher was activated for state emergency. Dumb old winter weather. So that meant a 3 pound roast for the kiddos and I. If you're hungry stop by our house, there are tons of leftovers. Ugh. My kids just don't eat much at all. Is that a girl thing?
My snow day was no different than every other day except I added shoveling to my list of chores. I hate shoveling. Every deployment I tell myself when he gets back I won't shovel or take out the trash. I look forward to not doing these things and yet here I am. He just doesn't seem to be here when the trash needs to go out or when the snow is done falling. It's such perfect timing that it's become a joke between us. I really need to get better at my timing.
Recipe from a friend or two.
Download Recipe
Ingredients
3 lb beef roast
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (1 oz) packet dried onion soup mix
1/2 cup beef broth
Directions
Mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and beef broth. Place roast in a slow cooker. Pour soup mixture over roast. Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.

1 comment:

Paula said...

There is almost nothing better than smelling a roast cooking all day.
I used to take leftover roast (when I still had leftovers), put in a skillet to break it up and dump BBQ sauce on it for sandwiches. My kids loved that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...