Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Goodies

I am slightly behind on my Valentines. The goodies are done but I have to finish up on my family’s cards. I just lots track of time and before I knew it the day was here. Oy. First I had a Valentine exchange to mail out. We were to keep it under $10 but I actually didn’t spend a cent on mine. First I started with a sheet of scrapbook paper cut into an 8.5” square.
021211c
I printed out my Valentine on the white side and then followed the instructions on how to make an “Antique-Style Puzzle Purse”.
021211d
I wanted to give a gift as well so I went through all my leftover fabric and picked out four different patterns. I then printed out two different size hearts to use as my cut outs.
021411e
Sowed them up with twine going through and stuffed them with cut up Walmart bags. Ta-da! A cute heart garland for the holiday.
021411f
Now onto my family. For Christopher and Abby I made a batch of Homemade Oreos. I will be posting a recipe later but if you’re impatient I got it from “Bake @ 350”. I loved her idea of the smaller heart indent in the middle. Too cute.
021411d
For Haillie I made Chocolate No Bake Cookies. To make them extra holiday special I spread them out onto a cookie sheet, chilled for a few minutes and then used a heart cookie cutter. Chilled some more and then broke them apart.
021411c
Enjoy your Valentine’s Day with your loved ones.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...