Sunday, April 24, 2011

Peanut Butter Eggs

Every year for the last 15 years I said I was going to make peanut butter eggs and I didn’t. This year I finally made them. OMG! Help I can’t stop eating them. I made two batches one covered in dark chocolate and the other in semi sweet. Both were amazing.
042411c
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
2-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
2 tbsp shortening
Directions
In a large bowl, cream butter; gradually add the confectioners' sugar, cracker crumbs, peanut butter and vanilla. Shape into 16 eggs; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...