Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mushroom & Sausage Mini Quiches

I was waiting all day to come home and start cooking and baking. The only thing that could have made it even more awesome was if someone would have emptied the dishwasher. Oy. Why did I have children? Once the chore of the dishwasher was complete I assembled the French Toast Casserole for tomorrow night's dinner. It smelled so good, I'll share that recipe tomorrow. Then I baked a Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee Cake to take to work tomorrow. OMG! The smell in my kitchen was making my stomach growl.
Tonight's dinner was Mushroom & Sausage Mini Quiches. So easy to make. I received a BIG thumbs up from Christopher. He said these taste like McDonald’s breakfast sandwiches. Next time I shall have some English muffins on hand. Of course and it will be no surprise that my finicky eater wouldn't give them a try. She really doesn't know what she is missing.
073112b
Ingredients
8 oz breakfast turkey sausage links, sliced
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 tsp pepper
5 eggs
3 egg whites
1 cup milk
Directions
Brown sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat; drain and transfer to a bowl. To the same skillet, add oil and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add mushrooms to sausage. Stir in green onions, cheese and pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites and milk. Divide egg mixture evenly among 12 lightly greased muffins cups. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of sausage mixture into each cup. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes, or until tops are golden. Remove from cups; cool on a wire rack. Makes one dozen.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Yumm! Those look so good! They look perfect.

I just made a quiche recipe that had zucchini and caramelized onion. YOu might like it. I'll have to send you the link once I post the recipe!

Have a wonderful day!

Durante said...

I've been looking for breakfast ideas, I bet these are amazing! I'll definitely have to try it for me, though my kids are picky and hate to have anything added to their something.

Thanks for posting this recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...