Friday, January 1, 2010

Best Day 1

Being that today starts a new year I like to take a step back and make some positive changes in my life. I don't really consider these to be resolutions as much as fixing some bad habits and choices I make for myself. This year I'm going to focus on my health to be the "best" me I can be.
  1. Gluten free my life. I have autoimmune issues (Hashimoto's, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Vitiligo & Lupus) and cutting gluten out of my diet really makes a difference in how I feel. Even though I know how great I can feel there are times that I fall off the gluten wagon and eat badly. Like over the holidays with all the homemade treats and wine.
  2. Exercising daily. I felt great when I was doing two miles three times a day on the treadmill. I always start out strong and focused but before long I start skipping the evening two miles due to my kiddos. Before I know it I run into a week of morning appointments and there goes my morning two miles. It's not long after that I notice that I forgot to make the "me time" to do the exercising.
  3. Schedule my day to be a more productive wahm. I have myself running in circles and stressing out all because I don't have a set work schedule. I may be working on a website when I remember I wanted to put the clothes into the dryer. Then on my way back to the computer I notice the dishwasher hasn't been unloaded. While unloading the dishwasher I have an idea pop into my head for the website I'm working on. I go back to the computer for a few minutes then remember I never finished unloading the dishwasher. It's like that every day and I could be so much more productive if I just took a moment and scheduled my days.
So those are the goals I'm setting and really they are quite simple requests I'm making on myself.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...