Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Blissful Silence

My day may not have started ideal but it was a nice break all the same. When I went to bed I opted out of taking any nighttime cold meds. I don't care for taking more meds than I need to and was sure I was over the worst. I couldn't have been more wrong. Christopher and I went to bed and around midnight I woke up to a headache with congestion and sore throat. To top it off I was wide awake. I headed downstairs and watched TV till 4:00 am when it was time to wake up Christopher for work. Then I watched more TV till 6:00 am when it was time to wake up Haillie for school. Then I watched more TV till 7:30 am when it was time to wake up Abby for school. Finally with my feet dragging and my eyes fighting to stay open I waved goodbye to Abby and at 9:00 am went to sleep. When I woke up it was 1:00 pm and after jumping in the shower I felt human again. I did nothing for the rest of the afternoon just lazed around, drank a cappuccino and painted my toes. Once the kiddos returned from school I went into high gear and within three hours had the downstairs cleaned, Abby finished with her homework, dinner made and cleaned up. Nothing fancy tonight just breaded fish with mac & cheese, kid friendly meal since Christopher wasn't home. I won't make the same mistake twice, no matter how I feel tonight I will take those pesky cold meds.

1 comment:

The Lumberjack's Wife said...

Oh, darn! That sounds awful. I hope you get a much more restful night tonight! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...