Sunday, January 31, 2010

Karo Winter Casserole

My kiddos are not fond of this meal so I only make it once maybe twice a year. It takes me back to my childhood and the school cafeteria. This taste like what we called "barfaroni". Except not overbaked and dried out, my verison is delish.
Ingredients
1 lb hamburger
1/2 small onion
1 small green pepper
1 (28 oz) can tomatoes
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup dark Karo
3 bay leaves
1/2 lb shell macaroni
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions
Brown hamburger, onion, pepper, salt and pepper together. Place can of tomatoes in blender, puree. Add to hamburger along with chili powder, Karo and bay leaves. Simmer 30 minutes; stirring often. Cook shells according to package directions. Place in casserole dish. Add tomato mixture and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake 350 ⁰F for 40 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karo? Corn syrup? Looks yummy . .. once I got past "barfaroni!" :)

Muchelle said...

The corn syrup gives it a slightly sweet taste. It really is good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...