Thursday, January 21, 2010

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

I had a long week, our menu was a bit messed up and rearranged. I finally got the chicken tacos in. And I'm so glad I did. These are amazing! I used the meat to quickly whip up enchiladas. The kids refused to eat, I swear I have the own kiddos who won't eat Mexican. Not fair! Christopher is already looking forward to eating the leftovers for lunch.
Ingredients
1 package chicken(frozen works best)
1 jar salsa
1/2 to 1 packet taco seasoning
1/4 cup water
Directions
Cook on low for 6-8 hours. After it's cooked, shred the chicken and mix it up with some of the remaining cooking liquid. Use it to make anything -- quesadillas, tacos, burritos, salad, etc.

3 comments:

Paula said...

I'm confused on how much chicken and what size jar of salsa. Did you use just skinless, boneless chicken breasts? I want to try these!

Anonymous said...

I have used this recipes before! Yummy and lowfat!

Muchelle said...

I used one package of perdue boneless, skinless chicken breast. And for the salsa I think it was a 12-16 oz jar.I just kind of eyed it up when adding it to the crockpot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...