Thursday, January 21, 2010

Smooth Sweet Tea

I love fresh brewed ice tea! With or without the sugar, lemon please. I've been brewing tea for years when I stumbled onto this recipe. *omg* What a difference a pinch of baking soda makes. This is so velvety smooth and my family's favorite.
Ingredients
1 pinch baking soda
2 cups boiling water
6 tea bags
3/4 cup white sugar
6 cups cool water
Directions
Sprinkle a pinch of baking soda into a 64-ounce, heat-proof, glass pitcher. Pour in boiling water, and add tea bags. Cover, and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
Remove tea bags, and discard; stir in sugar until dissolved. Pour in cool water, then refrigerate until cold.

1 comment:

Paula said...

No kidding? I'm from the south and always considered myself Queen of iced tea, but have NEVER heard of this. I must try it now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...