Thursday, February 18, 2010

Signs I’m Getting Old


I'm heading out with the gals tomorrow night for dinner, drinks and dancing. I should be excited but have run into a few issues that wouldn't have come up in my younger years. Like no longer being able to pick out a grown up outfit that doesn't include a t-shirt and sweats. I didn't realize how fashion senseless I have become. Or overly concerned on how late I will be out. Back in the day I was dancing till close then it was time to go out for breakfast. I really don't want to be out that late, I have things I want to accomplish on Saturday. Then there is the distance we are driving, it's an hour away from home. Why so far? Which brings us to the designated driver, I don't even know her. Is she really responsible enough not to drink? And the number one sign that I'm getting old…
While I'm out Christopher and the girls will be ordering pizza and watching "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". If I could get out of this and stay home with them I would do it in a heartbeat! Whatever happened to that adventurous, fun, spontaneous, would rather be out than at home girl? I know I will have fun but my heart will be at home snuggled on the couch with my family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! Just stay home! :)

Paula said...

I am with you! I find myself being more and more a home body. I hope you have a good time!

Mrs. S said...

You'll have fun girl!! Get out there and enjoy some girl time, and then have a blast with your family the rest of the weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...