Monday, March 1, 2010

Taco Soup

DELISH! I had some boneless chicken that needed used so I swapped that for the ground beef. I also only made half the recipe because I knew the kiddos wouldn't be fond of it. Weirdoes! Christopher and I loved it. We added a dollop of sour cream and sprinkled some shredded cheddar cheese with cornbread on the side. I chickened out of making my own cornbread from scratch. We just love Krusteaz Honey Cornbread (available at Walmart) too much to try something new.
Download Recipe
Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning
2 (15 oz) cans black beans, undrained
2 (15 oz) cans Pinto beans, undrained
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 package ranch dressing dry mix
Directions
Brown ground beef and season with taco seasoning. Drain fat. Add undrained pinto beans, undrained black beans, diced tomatoes and ranch salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese or cornbread.

2 comments:

Paula said...

chicken! What a great idea!! I bet it was yummy. Sorry the girls didn't like it. I have a feeling I'll be changing my cooking up a bit when picky Alex comes to live with us full time.

Muchelle said...

it was very yummy, i can't wait till the kiddos have better tastebuds. *lol* i hope you're lucky and Alex isn't a picky eater.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...