Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It’s So Hot

…the retirement center is having a wet t-shirt contest.
…I saw an Amish guy buying an air conditioner.
…the squirrels are handling their nuts with potholders.
Can you feel the heat? I am a summertime loving fool but this is a tad extreme even for me. I am currently debating watering the garden. I try to conserve water and electricity when the temperature is so high and we've had NO rain. The brown and crunchy grass I can deal with BUT my garden is a different story. I've been looking forward to a tomato sandwich for months now. I went out to inspect my sad, droopy and thirsty plants. Our beautiful sunflowers are wilting, the eggplants blossoms have disappeared and on my cherry tomato plant I spot some orange tomatoes. Signs of hope. Turn on the sprinkler!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...