Monday, August 23, 2010

Cornbread Chicken Bake

I love me some cornbread! This is an easy comfort food type casserole. I made the chicken, sauce and cubed the breads ahead of time. Cleaned up the kitchen and when it was time to assemble I hardly had any mess to clean up. Christopher and I enjoy this dish but the girls weren't thrilled. Haillie thought there were too many onions. Even though I kept giving her a dirty look before Abby figured out there were onion in her food. Abby was too worried about the cornbread touching her fork to pay attention to Hails. Did I mention how much I love mealtimes?
Recipe found in my kitchen drawer.
Ingredients
1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 cups cubed corn bread
8 bread slices, cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans (10-3/4 oz each) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1-1/2 tsp rubbed sage
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Directions
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place chicken in a large skillet and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until juices run clear. Drain and cut into cubes. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add chicken. Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered for 45 minutes or until heated through.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Yum, this makes me think of turkey and dressing for Thanksgiving. All kids like that...right? Not so much.
I asked Alex the other day what his favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner is and he said .. get this..."Pumpkin Pie" I said ok, how about the DINNER part. He said mashed potatoes.
When I asked about stuffing/dressing, he said.. eh, not so much.
Oy, what will I do with him????
I feel your pain about meal times.

Muchelle said...

Paula, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.Family & food without the stress of gift shopping. Abby is not a fan and doesn't like anything on the menu, it's frustrating.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...