Monday, August 23, 2010

Cornbread Chicken Bake

I love me some cornbread! This is an easy comfort food type casserole. I made the chicken, sauce and cubed the breads ahead of time. Cleaned up the kitchen and when it was time to assemble I hardly had any mess to clean up. Christopher and I enjoy this dish but the girls weren't thrilled. Haillie thought there were too many onions. Even though I kept giving her a dirty look before Abby figured out there were onion in her food. Abby was too worried about the cornbread touching her fork to pay attention to Hails. Did I mention how much I love mealtimes?
Recipe found in my kitchen drawer.
Ingredients
1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 cups cubed corn bread
8 bread slices, cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans (10-3/4 oz each) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1-1/2 tsp rubbed sage
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Directions
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place chicken in a large skillet and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until juices run clear. Drain and cut into cubes. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add chicken. Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered for 45 minutes or until heated through.

3 comments:

Grant-Grey Guda said...

You have an amazing blog, it is really very awesome, if you’re interested here is the link to my blog of poetry, it would be awesome if you could check it out and follow if you like.

http://thehumanicana.blogspot.com/

Hoping you have a wonderful week filled with inspiration and laughter,
Grant-Grey

Paula said...

Yum, this makes me think of turkey and dressing for Thanksgiving. All kids like that...right? Not so much.
I asked Alex the other day what his favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner is and he said .. get this..."Pumpkin Pie" I said ok, how about the DINNER part. He said mashed potatoes.
When I asked about stuffing/dressing, he said.. eh, not so much.
Oy, what will I do with him????
I feel your pain about meal times.

Michelle said...

Paula, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.Family & food without the stress of gift shopping. Abby is not a fan and doesn't like anything on the menu, it's frustrating.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...