Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oven Fried Chicken

I'm a boneless chicken kind of gal myself but my girls love chicken legs. *ick* When I found panko at our grocery store I knew I wanted to try it with the gross chicken legs. This is where I'm weird. Every since seeing panko being used on a cooking show I have wanted to give it a try. BUT ... since I'm staying away from gluten I can't have the panko. Bring in my guinea pig family. They all liked it and said it was lighter than regular breadcrumbs. Win for Mom!
Recipe found in my head.
Ingredients
12 chicken legs
3 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Japanese panko, seasonsed
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup butter, melted
Directions
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place flour in a shallow plate or bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Put the panko in another bowl and beat the eggs in another bowl.
Dredge the chicken piece by piece in the flour, then the egg, then the panko, until all pieces are coated. Pour the butter into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Add the chicken to the dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then turn pieces over and bake for another 30 minutes. Remove from oven and drain on paper towels.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...