Thursday, October 28, 2010

Crash Hot Potatoes

Yummers! It's a Pioneer Women kind of night. These potatoes will rock your socks. I sprinkled a little bit of shredded cheese on top of them and threw them back in the oven a few more minutes. I was in my happy place. Plus not one bit of gluten in our fabulous meal tonight. I have been so gluten bad lately.
After our insanely delicious meal we craved pumpkins. I will post pics tomorrow as it's getting late and Scared Shrekless is on tonight. We went with classic pumpkin faces this year and Christopher had the bright idea of using the dremel. It was so quick and easy. I swear we were done in under 30 minutes. This has just been one of those days were everything just falls into place beautifully.
Recipe found at The Pioneer Women.
Ingredients
12 whole New Potatoes (or Other Small Round Potatoes)
3 tbsp Olive Oil
kosher Salt To Taste
black Pepper To Taste
rosemary (or Other Herbs Of Choice) To Taste
Directions
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender. On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil. Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato. With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with more olive oil. Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh chopped rosemary (or chives or thyme or whatever herb you have available). Bake in a 450 ⁰F oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.

1 comment:

Paula said...

We eat these potatoes a LOT. Every time I post about them on FB or on my blog, someone makes them and comments to me later.
My neighbor told me the other day that she's made them three times in the last week!
You gotta love a meat and potato kind of meal.
I can't wait to tell Nick about pumpkin carving with the dremel. I have a feeling he'll want to try that. .. that is, if our dremmel is here. We had to put so much in storage I don't where anything is anymore.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...