Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rib Eye Steak With Whiskey Cream Sauce

O...M...G!
I heard about this recipe over on Paula's blog "Queen of my Castle". She said, "Oh My GOODNESS this is delicious. I seriously want to lick the pan when I make this sauce." She wasn't kidding. Words can not even begin to describe how delicious and mouth watering this recipe is. I am not exaggerating when I say you need to cancel whatever dinner plans you have for tomorrow night and make this instead. The sauce was so amazing! I was worried that I would taste test it too much and have to make a second batch before the steaks were done. Oh Pioneer Women how I love thee.
Recipe found in The Pioneer Women Cooks.
Ingredients
5 tbsp butter
3 tbsp diced onion
1/4 cup whiskey or beef broth
1/4 cup beef stock or broth
dash of salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup light cream
2 rib-eye steaks
Directions
Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat in a skillet. Add onion and cook until brown, about 4 minutes. When brown, turn off the burner temporarily and pour in the whiskey or 1/4 cup beef broth. As soon as the whiskey evaporates, turn the burner on medium and pour in the remaining 1/4 cup beef broth. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Whisk in another tablespoon of butter. Allow the mixture to bubble for 30 seconds, then reduce the heat to low. Over low heat, pour in the cream. Whisk, adding more cream if the mixture looks too brothy. Allow to simmer on very low heat while you prepare the steaks. Stir occasionally.
Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Generously salt and pepper the steak on both sides, then add it to the hot skillet.
For medium rare, cook for 2 mintues on each side of a thin steak or 3-4 mintues on each side of a thick steak. Place the steak on a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the other steak. You can cook both steaks at the same time if you prefer and your skillet is large enough.
Spoon the sauce over the steak!

1 comment:

Paula said...

I'm so glad your family liked it! It's a winner here at our house. I swear the whiskey makes the sauce.
I love PW's recipes. She's my kind of woman.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...