Monday, October 4, 2010

Parmesan Encrusted Chicken

I think it's safe to say everyone liked the Parmesan coating but the chicken was very odd. Nothing to due with the recipe. Due to some pain in the butt car drama I wasn't able to make my routine grocery trip this morning. I stopped by a grocery store near the garage to grab the items I need for dinner. I'm a Purdue kind of gal and they had none so I bought the store brand. It was the worst boneless chicken breast I had in a while. The texture was strange, I'm not even sure how to explain it. None of us finished it. *ick*
Recipe found somewhere out there.
Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic
5 tbsp or more of grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp dried basil
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
Directions
Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and minced garlic. Ensure pan is very hot when you place chicken. Season one side of chicken breast with: garlic powder, onion powder, basil and Italian seasoning. Then sprinkle a generous portion of Parmesan cheese to cover the tops of the chicken. Place each chicken breast carefully (cheese side down) into the hot pan. As the chicken begins to cook, season the top (bare) sides with garlic powder, onion powder, basil, Italian seasoning and top with a coating of Parmesan cheese. Do not flip chicken for 5-7 minutes or until you have a deep golden brown crust on the bottom. After flipping, cook another 5-7 minutes and cut to ensure chicken is done.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...