Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ravioli Lasagna

What a day of accomplishment and deviousness. It was a beautiful chilly autumn day today. After the grocery shopping I decided to finally clean up the leaves out front. I don't like to clean them up too early or I'm just doing it over and over again. While cleaning up the sidewalk I came across not ONE but SIX piles of dog poop. What is wrong with people? So after bagging eight bags of leaves I sprinkled moth crystals around our front step and around the trees. Take that non-pooper picker uppers! When my first victim walked past his dog started acting up and pulling on the leash. I felt bad for the dog but I'm tired of my kids stepping in poop. So gross!
Dinner tonight was amazing! I love ravioli and I love lasagna the combo is out of this world. I made one slight change and went with beef filled ravioli instead of cheese this time around. I love meals that you can assemble, clean up the kitchen and bake when you're ready to eat. Dishes tonight were a breeze.
Recipe from Gooseberry Patch What's for Dinner?
Download "Ravioli Lasagna"
Ingredients
2 cups pasta sauce, divided
16 oz container ricotta cheese
10 oz pkg. frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
2 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
18 oz bag frozen cheese ravioli
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions
Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce in a 5" deep, 8"x8" baking dish. In a bowl, blend ricotta, spinach, eggs, salt, pepper and Romano or Parmesan cheese. Layer one-third of the ravioli in the baking dish; top with half the ricotta mixture. Repeat layering, ending with remaining third of ravioli. Spoon remaining pasta sauce over top; sprinkle with mozzarella. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking an additional 10 minutes. Makes 4 servings.

2 comments:

Paula said...

I'm trying this. As a matter of fact, I'm writing it on my menu for next week RIGHT NOW!
When you mentioned it on your weekly menu I was intrigued. I love both dishes but will not make lasagna. It over seems very daunting.
I would use the meat ravioli too. God knows my family would revolt without some meat on the plate.

Reesa said...

Ok this is very different from what I make and sounds SO much better....I do just the lazy way of cooking the ravioli, layering it in a cassarole with mozzarella & sauce. I think the meat ravioli is probably better in this dish, that's a lot of cheese otherwise! I def. bookmarked this to make very soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...