Monday, November 15, 2010

Slow Cooker San Francisco Chops

Oh dear sweet Monday why are you such a challenge?
Monday mornings are always a rush around here, you would think I didn't know it was coming. There are certain things I tend to procrastinate on. Such as the grocery list or our weekly schedule to make sure I can be everywhere that everyone needs me to be. Add in the fact that it's a week before a major cooking holiday and I leave the house without finishing my first cup of coffee. Yikes! Thank goodness for slow cookers. I grabbed this recipe from my friend Paula @ "Queen of my Castle". I figured if her finicky eater loved it then so would mine.
In the midst of my crazy day my wonderful husband surprised me with an early birthday gift. He is so awful when it comes to keeping presents under wraps. Not that I mind. It's been months since my ugly black wireless mouse died and I have been forced to use the old wired one. Well no more! I have a pink addiction and my man loves feeding it. He rocks my socks!
Dinner was a success! Well except for the rice. What was I thinking? I should have made noodles for Miss Finicky Pants. I think I could have licked the slow cooker clean, the sauce was that amazing.
Recipe from Jane Deere.
Ingredients
4 pork chops (1-inch thick)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup red wine or chicken broth
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp cold water
Hot Cooked Rice, for serving
Green onions, sliced, for garnish (optional)
Directions
In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; transfer to a slow cooker. Add garlic to drippings; cook and stir until aromatic or golden. Stir in soy sauce, wine, brown sugar and red pepper flakes; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over chops.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove chops - they will probably be falling apart by this time! Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Return chops to slow cooker. Cover and cook for at least 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve over rice and garnish with green onions, if desired.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I'm with you.. these are amazing. I will definitely be putting this on our menu a lot!
I'm glad you liked it. Jennifer, at "Jane Deere" is a fabulous cook. I knew her when I lived in Texas years ago. I love reading her blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...