Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mocha Crinkle

Happy December 1st!
I did have my top 25 Christmas cookie recipes picked out but alas I think the trays won't be happening this year. I could be wrong but between our home renovations, a new furnace, six huge new windows and the lack of me finding a job spending over $300 in baked goods is just not in the budget. There are cut backs this year and it makes me sad. It be a frugal Christmas and so I'll will be recycling a few post from last year's cookie trays.
These will melt in your mouth. I won't be making them this year since I am the only one that really eats them. They are usually on the cookie tray as a special request. If you are a brownie lover these are a must bake.
Ingredients
1-1/3 cups light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup low fat sour cream
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp instant coffee granules
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Directions
Beat brown sugar and oil in medium bowl with electric mixer. Mix in sour cream, egg and vanilla. Set aside. Mix flour, cocoa, coffee, baking soda, salt and pepper in another medium bowl. Add flour mixture to brown sugar mixture; mix well. Refrigerate dough until firm, 3 to 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place powdered sugar in shallow bowl. Set aside. Cut dough into 1-inch pieces; roll into balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar. Bake 10-12 minutes on ungreased cookie sheets or until tops of cookies are firm to touch. Do not over bake. Cool on wire racks. Makes about 6 dozen cookies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...