Friday, December 10, 2010

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

These are my favorite cookie ever! When I was a teen one of my part-time jobs was working in the mall's food court at a cookie shop. That is where I had my first taste of wonderful cookies. I can leave all the other Christmas cookies alone but these will keep calling my name until the last one is gone. Scrumptious!
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz white chocolate, chopped
6 oz macadamia nuts, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 F. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, stir in the white chocolate, nuts and cranberries. Drop cookies by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. When cool, store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Oh yum. I bet I would love these too. I may have to try them. I just don't have that many people to bake for this year and it's a little depressing.

reesa said...

I make a variation of these called Cranberry Hootycreeks...they are just an oatmeal based coookie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...