Sunday, January 30, 2011

Coney Island Hot Dog Sauce

There is a town close by that has this little dive of a diner called "Coney Island". My dad loves their hot dogs and recently I found out Christopher does too. I started my search for the secret recipe. After looking all across the internet I found the perfect version right in my kitchen. Duh! I was surprised to find it in one of my Gooseberry Patch cookbooks. Christopher said they were perfect.
Recipe from Gooseberry Patch Taste of Autumn.
Download Recipe
Ingredients
1 lb ground beef, browned
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp dried cumin
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 to 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp onion, diced
1/8 tsp ground cloves
2 cups water
Directions
Mix all ingredients together in a skillet. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid has reduced to sauce consistency. Makes enough sauce for 6 to 12 hot dogs.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Yummy! I love the sound of these.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...