Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pork Apple Burgers

Oh the excitement is high in the kitchen tonight. We were suppose to be have macaroni & cheese with our burgers but then I found the "Tater Twister". Ta-Da. It's a blast from my childhood past. I forgot we even had it. The kiddos never saw it before so it was like a new toy to them. Abby had fun making the curly fries.
Even though the curly fries were a huge hit the burgers were not. My family doesn't seem to like the idea of fruit mixed in with their meat. Dang Finickies. I thought they were a nice change even though I opted out of the pineapple slices. I knew I couldn't sneak that part past them.
Recipe from All Recipes.
Download Recipe
Ingredients
2 lbs ground pork
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped
1 sweet onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 egg
8 hamburger buns
1 (20 oz) can sliced pineapple, drained
Directions
Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
In a large bowl, mix together ground pork, apple, onion, garlic, teriyaki sauce, and egg. If too dry, add some juice from the can of pineapple slices. Form into eight patties.
Lightly oil grill grate. Grill pork burgers for 10 minutes, or until well done. Toast buns on grill. Serve burgers on toasted buns topped with pineapple slices.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...