Monday, January 10, 2011

Hamburg Roll

I was going to take it easy today and ease back into my routine. I'm feeling good with only a slight sore throat and I get tired too quick. Today's goals were to do the grocery shopping, take care of the pups and nap. I did everything but nap. Oy. What is wrong with me? I'm so exhausted now and once I post this I'm heading off to the couch. There will be a "do not disturb" sign around my neck. I did do the grocery shopping, then cleaned off the front porch, put new lights in the swag above the door, cleaned the carpets, mopped the kitchen floor and when needed ran the dogs in and out since neither of them can do stairs. I can't wait till Scruffy can do stairs. Once I sat down for dinner I didn't think I could get back up. Christopher reminded me that I was suppose to be relaxing today. But the house looks and smells amazing. I love my family but boy I must of raised them in a barn. I didn't cook, clean or do laundry since last Monday and you could tell. Doesn't anyone see these messes around here. So now the house is back in order, the family is fed, the kitchen is cleaned and I am "off duty".
Recipe from American Legion Auxiliary Cookbook.
Ingredients
2 lbs hamburger
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 cup crushed saltines
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tsp salt
dash or pepper
2 cups cooked rice
1 cup extra sharp cheese, shredded
4 tbsp chopped green pepper
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix hamburger, eggs, milk, saltines, onions, salt and pepper together. Pat flat on large wax paper to form square. Mix rice, cheese and peppers together. put evenly on top of beef and roll like a jelly roll. Bake 40 to 50 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...