Monday, January 3, 2011

Momversation

Would you breastfeed a stranger's child?

Leave it to Momversation to kick off the new year with a doozy of a question. Am I getting old? Because this never crossed my mind before. I don’t have a problem with the “wet nurse” idea but I personally wouldn’t allow someone I just met breastfeed my child. I didn’t even think about diseases, my first thought was do you know what she ate and drank for dinner? My friend’s little boy would get so cranky with certain foods and dairy products. But the beauty of this situation is that it wasn’t my baby or my breast making it none of my business. These moms did what they were comfortable doing, we have to allow people to make their own choices. What’s right or wrong for one person isn’t the same for the next.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I would - it's no big deal, especially if you really know the person. I'd let close friends and family nurse my child as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...