Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rotisserie Chicken

Dinner was a hit tonight! It seems to always amaze my kiddos when I find another chicken recipe to try. This recipe is a fix it and forget it making it one of my favorites. I prepped the chicken the night before and added garlic with the onion in the cavity. I had plans for the leftovers but there was none left. I love meals like that.
032211a

Recipe from All Recipes
Download Recipe
Ingredients
4 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 onion, quartered
1 (4 lb) whole chicken
Directions
In a small bowl, mix together salt, paprika, onion powder, thyme, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Remove and discard giblets from chicken. Rinse chicken cavity, and pat dry with paper towel. Rub the chicken inside and out with spice mixture. Place the onion into the cavity of the chicken. Place chicken in a resealable bag or double wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 to 6 hours.
Preheat oven to 250 ⁰F. Place chicken in a roasting pan. Bake uncovered for 5 hours, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 ⁰F. Let the chicken stand for 10 minutes before carving.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I love a recipe you can prepare the night before. I just blogged about one too!
I'm with you on leftovers.. I'm SO glad when there are none. I have a few in my fridge right now that may require a leftover night tomorrow night. I hate having them pile up but I hate throwing them out too.
The chicken looks delicious. I will have to try this one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...