Sunday, April 10, 2011

Captain Crunch Chicken

Captain Crunch cereal.
Boneless chicken.
Fun child friendly food. Right?
NOT for my finicky eater. What a little food snob butthead. *lol* I first made this last week when Christopher wasn’t home. Haillie and I loved it while Abby was whining “why would you do this?” Sigh. Anyhow, this quick fix meal was perfect for our busy day. The morning started off with me rushing to get all the laundry done. Check. Nephew’s birthday presents wrapped. Check. Skruffy needed a good walk before being crated. Check. Everyone ready to go and out of the house by 10:30a. Check. Did anyone remember the camera? Of course not. Even though I don’t have any photos of my cute nephews and niece I enjoyed the time spent with our family. If only they lived closer so we could hang out more.
This recipe is suppose to be a copycat of Planet Hollywood’s Chicken Crunch. I think it’s pretty darn close. Do you have a favorite copycat recipe and if so what is it?
041011a
Download Recipe
Ingredients
2 cups Captain Crunch cereal
1-1/2 cups corn flakes
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 lbs chicken breasts, cut in 1-oz tenders
vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions
Coarsely grind or crush the two cereals and set aside. Beat the egg with milk and set aside. Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powders and black pepper. Set aside. Dip the chicken: pieces in the seasoned flour. Move around to coat well, then shake off the excess flour. Dip in the egg wash, coating well, then dip in the cereal mixture, coating well. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet to 325 ⁰F. Drop coated chicken tenders carefully in the hot oil and cook until golden brown and fully cooked, 3 to 5 minutes depending on size.  Drain and serve immediately.

1 comment:

Paula said...

When I lived in Texas there was an upscale bar that served Captain Crunch chicken tenders as some of their "bar food" I LOVED it. What a treat. I can't wait to try this.. maybe my picky eater will like it since it's sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...