Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Apple Fritter Pancakes

Breakfast for dinner! Does anyone out grow this? I feel like I’m getting away with something every time. These totally rock! I did switch out the nutmeg for cinnamon. Not a fan of nutmeg. We used some cinnamon flavored butter which just added to their awesomeness. Then while we are eating it hits me… if you made these into crepes and then fill them with apple pie filling and a dollop of whipped cream.
O.M.G… I can’t wait to try that.
012313a
Recipe from Gooseberry Patch 101 Farmhouse Favorites.
Ingredients
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon sugar
Garnish: butter, powdered sugar
Directions
Combine all ingredients except garnish in a bowl; mix well. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased griddle set over medium heat. Flip pancakes when tops start to bubble. Continue to cook until both sides are golden. Serve topped with butter and powdered sugar. Makes 6 servings.

1 comment:

Gramma Audrey said...

I can't wait to have this for DINNER!!! No one in my family has outgrown having breakfast for dinner!! Thanks for sharing!!
**cinnamon butter is sooooo good!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...