Saturday, January 2, 2010

Best Day 2

Today I did my "best" to keep my emotions together. It's the most dreaded day of the year, January 2nd. I don't like undecking the halls. It's like saying goodbye. I love the holiday season! I love the girls being off of school for two weeks. I love the baking, decorating and preparation. I love the gatherings with family and friends. I love entertaining and feeding people. I love the music, which I play off and on all year long. I love watching all the holiday specials with my youngest. I can't even begin to guess at how many times we watched "A Christmas Story". I just love the extra business and craziness of the whole month!
But today feels like all the magic is gone. Next Christmas won't be the same as our youngest was on the fence about Santa this year. All of her friends no longer believe and she probably won't next time around. I'll miss that. She is ten so I guess it's time to let her grow up a little. I'm just not ready. She's my baby, my shadow and my little buddy. She is willing to give a hug and a kiss at a moment's notice or climb onto my lap and snuggle. Whereas it's like pulling teeth from a chicken to get my oldest to even say "I love you".

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...