Sunday, January 3, 2010

Here, There & Everywhere

I love my life and I love my family. Hold on a sec I need to repeat that in my head a few times. *I love my life and I love my family, I love my life and I love my family* It's just some days are more trying than others. We woke up to what I thought was going to be a lazy Sunday, last day of vacation before we head back to reality. Boy was I wrong. As I'm cleaning up the breakfast dishes dear old dad asks the girls, "Would you like mom to take you to the mall to spend your gift cards?" Huh? Excuse me? Well of course they were all yes, yes, yes! And before I can open my mouth they're running upstairs to get ready. I shot dear old dad a look and headed upstairs to get ready. Within 30 minutes the girls were ready, I was ready and I threw a load of laundry into the washer. We get on the road and I notice I'm on "E". *augh* Dear old dad who used my car last didn't fill up my gas tank. I stop along the way and in the freezing cold fill the tank and we are back on the road. We get to the mall and our first stop is Hot Topic, Haillie has a $30 card. She picks out two shirts and it costs me $11. This is one of the pet peeves I have with gift cards, they always cost me money. Abby is up next and we head to Aeropostale. Here's another gift card pet peeve of mine, when you are left clueless about the amount on the card. And I must be getting old because the music in that store is way too loud! That store took the longest because since Haillie doesn't like wearing clothes that have the Aeropostale brand name on them now neither does Abby. It wasn't easy but we found her two plain shirts. Haillie's turn again and we head to American Eagle. After that both girls had cards for Border's and then we were heading home. I'm glad we went, they were extremely happy, dear old dad was off the hook. That was until I walked into the house. Now my husband is 38 yrs old you would think I could leave him home alone. Wrong. Dear old dad had decided out of the blue to start tearing down walls in the stairwell.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Wow, I admire your restraint. We've had our share of home renovations and the one thing that will give me the rage quicker than anything is the mess that results from not taping places off. :)

It's nice to have a handy husband. I guess that's what's important. :)

Muchelle said...

Being able to over-rant on here is what keeps my restraint in-check. In the 15+ yrs we’ve been together I’ve learned he is obvious to filth. And he doesn’t mean to piss me off on purpose. *lol* We just don’t think the same at all in that area.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...