Monday, August 2, 2010

Butter Chicken

When If my girls help me in the kitchen I usually tell them, “when you are making a recipe for the first time make sure you read all the directions”. Well I should take my own advice. First of all I didn’t marinate the chicken over night. Duh! #1. Then I had to cut the messy marinated chicken into bite size pieces. Duh! #2. Despite my temporary cooking ignorance our dinner was delish. At least I thought so but in the words of Haillie, “this was good but you don’t make it again”. *lol* It was a tad spicy hot for the girls, I should of cut back on the cayenne pepper I guess. Duh! #3.
Ingredients
4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp cumin
¼ tsp cardamom
1 whole lime, juiced
1 whole onion, diced
¼ cup butter
1 can (14.5 oz) tomato sauce
1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
1 pint whipping cream
1 bunch chopped cilantro, to taste
2 cups basmati rice
Directions
Combine first 9 ingredients and marinate overnight.
Sauté the onion in the butter until soft. Add marinated chicken and cook about 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat with the lid on. Add the whipping cream and cilantro just before serving over basmati rice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...