Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Risotto Stuffed Tomatoes

*omG* Please bear with me. I am not a drinker and it seems I've have drunk/drunken a half bottle of wine. Something I don't do often. I'm having a heck of a time focusing here. *lol*
This recipe was good but I'm not sure if I liked it enough to make again. I think maybe next time soMe mozzarella added into the rice, perhaps. I also tried to take pics throughout the process. What a time hog that is! Plus I have ugly 70's counter tops so that is just not eye pleasing what so ever.
Ingredients
1 cup Arborio rice
6 whole large, firm tomatoes
4 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, Minced
3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
salt and pepper
6 tbsp dried Italian breadcrumbs
Directions
Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
Cook the rice in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, stirring periodically, until just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain. Rinse rice under cold water and set to the side.
Cut 1/2 inch thick slice off the top of each tomato. With a spoon, scoop seeds, pulp and juice from each tomato into a small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of tomato pulp and juice.
Oil the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish and place hollowed tomatoes in the dish.
Toss the rice with 1/4 cup of tomato pulp. Add minced garlic, basil, parsley, parmesan, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Combine well.
Spoon mixture into each tomato, mounding slightly.
Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of Italian breadcrumbs over each tomato and drizzle each with a little olive oil (to help the tops brown).
Bake for 20 minutes or until rice is heated through.

1 comment:

Paula said...

It all looks yummy! I bet the photos WERE a huge time hog, but I appreciate the effort :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...