Sunday, October 3, 2010

Chicken Spaghetti

I first heard about this recipe on Paula's blog "Queen of My Castle". She made chicken spaghetti sound delish and I knew I had to try it. It's original from "Pioneer Women" and I've posted her original recipe. I did end up making some changes for ours. I roasted my chicken, omitted the pimentos, used one can of cream of mushroom soup and one can of cream of chicken soup. Then since I'm not a fan of green peppers I used a finely chopped yellow pepper. The color also blended in better so the kiddos didn't see it. Flavor was out of this world! And the leftovers were just as good.
Recipe found at The Pioneer Women.
Ingredients
2 cups cooked chicken
3 cups dry spaghetti, broken into two inch pieces
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1 jar (4 oz) diced pimentos, drained
2 cups reserved chicken broth from pot
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup additional grated sharp cheddar cheese
Directions
Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups. Reserve one cup of broth. Cook spaghetti in remaining chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients including the one cup of reserved broth, except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.
Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 ⁰F for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...