Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lasagna Roll Ups

I wanted to make dinner a little bit special since Christopher would actually be home. The weekend was long with him away and I could feel a cold coming on. *ick* I'm mentally banishing it from my system and refusing myself the option of getting sick. I've seen lasagna roll ups before and thought it would be cute to serve individual lasagnas. Well they really weren't worth the mess involved. I should have just made a regular lasagna or stuffed shells. I didn't really follow a recipe, just made a batch of sauce and the cheese filling I use in ravioli. They tasted good enough but the presentation was lacking. With being under the weather I didn't make the cheesy bread but I can't wait to share the recipe. It sounds mouth watering.
Recipe found in my recipe drawer.
Ingredients
1 (16 oz) package uncooked lasagna noodles
1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
1 egg
2 tbsp parsley
2 tsp minced garlic
your favorite pasta sauce
Directions
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles for 5 to 8 minutes, or until just slightly underdone; drain and rinse. In a large mixing bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, parsley, and garlic. Lay out a noodle. Spread a layer of the cheese mixture on the noodle, then add a thin layer of sauce. Roll the noodle up, and place seam side down in a 13x9-inch pan. Repeat for other noodles. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with more cheese if desired. Bake in a preheated 350 ⁰F oven for 30 min, or until hot and bubbly.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...