Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cinnamon Chicken

This week's menu was so messed up. Here it is Saturday and we are finally having Tuesday night's dinner. Christopher took me out to eat on Tuesday for my birthday and we ate so much I wasn't able to even think of cooking. I wasn't sure how my family would react to cinnamon chicken, especially Abby. It wasn't a hit but wasn't a miss either so I'll be making it again. I love meals that you throw together the night before. It was the perfect replacement for the turkey that was already gone I just reheated up our Thanksgiving sides.
Recipe from Gooseberry Patch Taste of Autumn.
Ingredients
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup honey
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp garlic salt
2 whole chickens, cut up
Directions
Blend together broth, cinnamon, honey,lemon juice, curry powder and garlic salt. Arrange chicken pieces in a large ungreased roasting pan; pour mixture over chicken. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Bake at 375 F for one hour or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...