Monday, December 13, 2010

Star Cookie Christmas Tree

I love LOVE Bake @ 350. These are her Vanilla-Almond Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing. I am proud of myself and excited to say I think I have finally mastered flood filling. *pats self on the back* I have been practicing since October and have thrown away numerous batches. Now as awesome as my cookies turned out that isn't the awesomest part.
Abby has been pestering to make a Christmas tree out of star cookies for like ever. That was our main baking mission this weekend. She did all the outlining, flood filling and decorating herself. I was so proud that she saw the whole project through. We then let them dry overnight and assembled the tree first thing in the morning.
We only broke two stars when putting the dowel through them. Elmer's Glue saved the day. I didn't think about making extra stars. Note to self for next year.

3 comments:

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Very, very cute!!! Love the tree!

Paula said...

That is beautiful!! You both deserve a pat on the back.

reesa said...

Wow that is awesome!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...